Motu Releases Ultralite MK3 Hybrid USB2.0/FireWire Portable Audio Interface



Just the other day I was thinking about getting a new audio interface for my old MacBook. But then I realized that if I buy a new quad-core iMac next year like I am planning to, I should probably for USB2.0 interfaces.

Problem is that my MacBook has a FireWire 400 port and the new iMacs have only one FW800 port and multiple USB2.0 ports. So I was looking at all sorts of convertible cable debates online. And now I notice that Motu had released this!

It is a hybrid version of their extremely popular UltraLite mk3 Firewire Interface. It is a small and portable interface that is built to last. I am seriously thinking about buying this. Let's see what happens.

  1. gravatar

    # by Anonymous - December 6, 2009 at 3:12 PM

    i have one. they are great, if you have a mac.

  2. gravatar

    # by Shailpik - December 29, 2009 at 12:46 AM

    So I hear from most of the users I have come across. Am I ever glad that I use a Mac :)